New member with an ASHP question

KBW

4 hours ago, A_L said:

@SteamyTea , @jack , @pocster et al, Steamy is however correct, the insulation of a cylinder (pipe) is subject to the 'Critical Radius of Insulation' below which insulation actually increases heat loss. 

Who said he was wrong about that?

In any event, he just posted it to distract from the fact he used the wrong equation in the first place! :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Or just misunderstood your explanation.

Of course, it was my explanation that led you astray :D

For someone who spends as much time as you do criticising the minor errors of others, you're hilariously thin-skinned when you get it wrong yourself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jack said:

For someone who spends as much time as you do criticising the minor errors of others, you're hilariously thin-skinned when you get it wrong yourself.

Or a lot more tenacious when it comes to dealing with pettiness.

Now you may feel that you can keep this up for a while, trust me, I am an expert at this sort of thing.  Had to deal with it loads of times when teaching.

24 minutes ago, jack said:

Of course, it was my explanation that led you astray :D

What Jack said. I think he should be called @SteamyteaKWH!!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

(expletive deleted) you

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

Now you may feel that you can keep this up for a while, trust me, I am an expert at this sort of thing.  Had to deal with it loads of times when teaching.

9 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I think site moderators should stick to moderation, not shit stirring with a holier than thou attitude.

This from the member who has needed more moderation for his shit-stirring than any other in the history of BuildHub. I'm clearly posting as a member, not a moderator.

I'm pleased that your experience as a teacher has taught you not to let people's comments get to you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

So how many warnings have I had?

Less than @pocster

@pocster has more warnings, sure, but your content more frequently has to be moderated to remove inappropriate comments and off-colour jokes. The point doesn't change even if you're the second or third most moderated member. 

In fairness to the original poster, I'm going to leave it there. Feel free to have the last word - I've said all I need to say. 

• Like 1