DPM lapped to DPC concern

dangti6

I have had walls built up before the concrete floor has been laid for one reason or another.

An ‘apron’ of DPM for want of a better word was added in at the DPC level to enable the DPM to be lapped up when the floor slab is laid.

The walls are single skin and therefore I have a few piers along the way. Whilst most of the corners are tucked in as in the the first image - one or two are not, and I’m wondering how to get around this.

B7A136A1-0A56-4236-928C-E83095C88E46.thumb.jpeg.eb1142c7e3191fa80447a968fbdff563.jpeg

3AB307C2-2604-4206-B9AE-7420FB942F23.thumb.jpeg.4f4367884f33629b3f83e2f772b9473f.jpeg

This is a garage, so I’m not going to plaster/plasterboard the internal walls.

Intention would be to add some skirting board or similar to cover over the membrane as the finished slab level to the DPC is about 140mm inside.

Slightly past the point of pulling it out and redoing it as the walls are to wall plate now. 

What is likely to satisfy the BCO as a resolution? 

Cut and shut with various strips and DPC jointing tape is the only way I can see around it other than cut it all off and have the DPM for the floor lapped up the walls beyond and above the DPC. 

You will have to put a diagonal slit in from the internal  corner and insert a piece and tape it up 

BC won’t care how much tape you use as long as it is stuck 

I taped a 600 apron around the edge then ran the membrane up tight 

FE3A520D-2753-4BE1-B834-C24156489C28.jpeg

I made the same mistake as your builder on a couple of external corners/piers, but I only realised it once I was further on.and no height to really cut and shut things which would be the easiest and ironically the best thing to do.

In my case I'd used really heavy gauge DPM and was able to blast the area with a fan heater and hot air gun, then use a piece of wood with slightly rounded edges to manipulate the plastic into the corner, then hold it there while you take the heat away. It wasn't perfect, but got it formed to a much more acceptable margin that a tile overhang and some skirting/beading will cover.

In your case I'd do as nod suggests, when you get the floor DPM in, you can then cut at 45⁰ into the corner and tape to form the proper shape.

On a cavity wall I took mine out past the internal skin, had the internal skin laid 300mm up to dpc then pulled it up the outside of this skin and effectively wrapped this area. Don't blocks perform better insulation wise if dry?