Zinc angled standing seam.

@Kevin Jlooks good. My Bipvco panels are being installed as I type.  It turned out my roof was a bit too complex for the snap fit system. So I've Zenith Zinc fitting a coated aluminium standing seem roof and I have Paul from Gribben Solar Roofing doing the solar.

At the moment they attaching the solar panels to the roof panels in my hallway.

I'm excited, I think it will look great (well I hope so)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryM said:

@Kevin Jlooks good. My Bipvco panels are being installed as I type.  It turned out my roof was a bit too complex for the snap fit system. So I've Zenith Zinc fitting a coated aluminium standing seem roof and I have Paul from Gribben Solar Roofing doing the solar.

At the moment they attaching the solar panels to the roof panels in my hallway.

I'm excited, I think it will look great (well I hope so)

Am I right in thinking that the zinc/metal panels must be sent to Bipvco to get the PV fitted? Or can I order the PV and fit/glue myself?

How do you get a quote from them? 

6 hours ago, gc100 said:

Am I right in thinking that the zinc/metal panels must be sent to Bipvco to get the PV fitted? Or can I order the PV and fit/glue myself?

How do you get a quote from them? 

Sending then to Bipvco is an option, or get the roofing supplier to do it, we changed steel suppler so found someone else to do it.  The surface should be tested first, then in a warmish room the an activator is needed and then the PV panels can be stuck to the metal.  Because I wanted to ensure it is done correctly we got Gribbens to do it for us.

I got my quote from Badclad, who said there were the sole supplier, but I have a feeling if you approached metal solutions they would be able to quote. Or give  Paul Gribbens a call at Gribbens

Edited by GaryM

1 minute ago, GaryM said:

Sending then to Bipvco is an option, or get the roofing supplier to do it, we changed steel suppler so found someone else to do it.  The surface should be tested first, then in a warmish room the an activator is needed and then the PV panels can be stuck to the metal.  Because I wanted to ensure it is done correctly we got Gribbens to do it for us.

Ah might be too late for use then as we already have the (zinc) roof on.