Avoiding poorly designed, fancy(price wise?) devices

puntloos

1 hour ago, Adsibob said:

Indeed, the which? Magazine review of microwaves doesn’t speak negatively about the lack of turntable, but it just seems counterintuitive to me:

8A113B7D-509F-4A25-94E0-6BD8B0A2DD20.thumb.jpeg.23bbef892a8e3b4c4e10dddb4ca785e5.jpeg

I don' like salmon so works for me ? . You also get to watch you food go round in a rotary one like a gameshow prize.

Joking aside, the extra space does make good sense if not too much of a premium. If it adds a large premium then how often does the extra space help. If you're building to sell then bells and whistles in the kitchen can make up for a corners cut everywhere else it sometimes seems. Like awful cars with good radios with connectivity.

Edited by MortarThePoint

2 hours ago, dpmiller said:

I don't undertand why appliances have to "match".

Because I enjoy looking at an aesthetically pleasing kitchen. If I got an oven, a microwave and a warming drawer from three different manufacturers, even if I chose them all in the colour black, they wouldn’t match, likely to be different shades of black, different levels of shininess and different style mobs and handles. You wouldn’t get bricks or windows for the same wall from two different manufacturers would you?

Edited by Adsibob

46 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

You wouldn’t get bricks or windows for the same wall from two different manufacturers would you?

Some do.

image.png.259ca735d72fef82d703cb16d362998a.png

Half the time it is dark, and most of the time people are not looking at the outside if their home.