Cleaning Runoff from Anti-Climb Paint

Decisions have consequences.

As per the other thread I painted by pay window tops with anti-climb paint to prevent the lead being stolen.

Now my window cleaner is reporting that there is are small amounts of sticky residue (really just a texture and a slight blackening) appearing on my "oak-grain" upvc windowsills, where rain is picking up something from the (Blackfriars) anti-climb paint. This is 6 weeks later,

I think I need three things:

1 - A cleaner to get this contaminant off. Any recommendations?

2 - Perhaps a coating - a barrier cream for upvc - so that it can be cleaned more easily. Again - recommendations are welcome. Would I want something like polyurethane or a physical barrier?

3 - Any indication if this is likely to continue long term.

It is not a huge problem (my frames are fortunately not white), and a spring clean post-winter would probably do the job, but I need to be able to clean it back should I ever sell it.

This might argue for fibreglass over the lead rather than anti-climb paint if anyone else does this.

Thanks

Ferdinand

An idea may be to look toward the auto sector even more so now that vinyl coverings have made a come back. 

Products for removing tar spots like autosmart  Tardis and a million and one natural and synthetic barrier products come to mind but unsure of compatibility.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

1 - A cleaner to get this contaminant off. Any recommendations?

The window cleaner. Meths'll get it sorted.

As some may know I spent 7 years cleaning windows to keep the wolf from the door while studying. Customers regularly asked me to do little 'extras'. Don't ask.

• Like 1

Just now, recoveringacademic said:

The window cleaner. Meths'll get it sorted.

As some may know I spent 7 years cleaning windows to keep the wolf from the door while studying. Customers regularly asked me to do little 'extras'. Don't ask.

Were you in the Dionne Warwick or Sinbad camp?

On 25/01/2017 at 20:23, recoveringacademic said:

George Formby.

I had one customer who played the tune on his banjo every time I arrived. He was the Channel 4 Racing commentator then... name forgotten.

You're in trouble! :)

I knew a window cleaner and asked him how a particular job had gone one morning to which he replied "I did a Dionne!". Basically he "walked on by"!

Sinbad is one who misses the corners (think portholes).

A tumbler is a new bloke 'coz they're always falling off of ladders!

Edited by Onoff