What is Energy Integral

J1mbo

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

What is hysteresis

You have a start and stop hysterisis for the compressor. So for a target of 25, the return flow will drop by a predetermined amount below the target flow temp, once at that point compressor starts. It will run until the shut off hysterisis temp is reached. How long it runs depends on system volume, heat demand and how deep the heat pump modulates. My settings are based on my system and what it does and doesn't do.

Mine at a target flow of 25, start up hysterisis is 5.1, so return temp is allowed to fall to 19.9, before compressor start. Cut off hysterisis is 2.3 so cuts off at 27.3. My total hysterisis is 7.4. All this changes with different heating systems and houses. Mine is 300mm spacing UFH in 100mm concrete screed.

Heat pump is a Maxa i32V5.

Today excluding DHW the compressor has started 5x times up to 10pm, shortest run time was 18 mins (9 degs OAT) and longest run 2.5 hrs (5 Deg OAT).

WC is all about running just enough to top up the energy in the house, so I use the hysterisis and a WC curve to play with the floor heat output. Based on the floor average temperature, to get the correct heat output.  The WC curve starts at 15 Deg OAT at 25, this gives a floor minimum temperature of 19.9 (don't want the heating on really at that temperature), at -9 the WC curve stops at 30.3, so floor temp is a minimum of 25.2 (not tested this temp yet). So far this is working fine down to +3 degs. Depending on actual run times at sub zero this will affect where WC stops and at what flow temp. But once set it's set for ever.

• Like 1