Any machines specifically designed for cold space?

After chats with Systemair and Lindab, they don’t recommend a mvhr system in a cold space, I.e. attic. 
Yet most systems I see, my own included, are in the cold space. 

My unit has suffered from condensation in winter, and I’ve been told the whole system would be better if all parts were within the warms space.

We do suffer a bit with excessive cold air coming into rooms during winter and very warm air in summer. 
In winter the attic tracks outside temp by +5 to + 10°c, but in summer temperature rockets. 

Has anyone come across any units that are specifically designed for cold spaces?

im tempted to just build a PIR cage around our unit with a couple of vents for machine ventilation. 

26 minutes ago, Kilt said:

im tempted to just build a PIR cage around our unit with a couple of vents for machine ventilation. 

Yes, just do that. I wouldn't bother with the vents though - if it is fully sealed then the internal temperature ought to just track the average room temperature given the mean of all the air passing through it. 

Edited by MJNewton

If the problem is that that particular space is cold and you need to warm it up to a few degrees when it gets too cold, I would try a traditional loft heater as a first inexpensive fix, with a thermostat control.

Will probably cost around £30 and use minimal power - 50-100W.

eg https://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-plumbing/heaters/cat831056?calcheaterproducttype=tubular

My No 1 tip to any self builder designing a new house, is design the roof as a warm roof, with the insulation between and above the rafters.

It is so much easier to detail the insulation and air tightness compared to a cold roof, and it gives you a nice warm roof space for storage or plant like MVHR etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ProDave said:

My No 1 tip to any self builder designing a new house, is design the roof as a warm roof, with the insulation between and above the rafters.

It is so much easier to detail the insulation and air tightness compared to a cold roof, and it gives you a nice warm roof space for storage or plant like MVHR etc.

Agreed, but as this is all retrospectively, property was converted in 2002.

I've been tempted to maybe convert roof to maybe a "tepid" roof and install PIR between the rafters, just to help level off some of the temp fluctuations, but there's no vents of any kind in our roof, sarkin boards (we're north of the Wall) are pretty breezy, so unsure if I made roof a bit warmer, we'd maybe need vents installed between every rafter.