Second fix nail gun

dnb

I have a need for another nail gun to put on my cladding and do some internal fitting too when the time comes. I will need to install 50 or 63mm stainless brads for the cladding job, and may need smaller nails for some of the internal fitting. I can't see me needing to fire anything less than 30mm. An angled gun may prove more flexible for getting in to tight spaces so this would be a preference but not a hard requirement.

I have a Paslode IM360 first fix gun (bought as an ex-demo for a good price :))  and it's been worth its weight in gold on the build so I am drawn to Paslode for the 2nd fix. But as good as they appear to be, they are expensive - what else would anyone recomend? I do have a suitable air compressor but am concerned that the hose will be a nuiscence on the scaffolding so perhaps an air nailer is not a good plan.

Thanks!

I have the paslode first fix gun and a second fix also, I have just bought the dewalt first fix gun as it uses the same batteries as my other tools, I would buy a paslode and sell it afterwards or what other tools do you have as the dewalt was cheap as I only needed a bare unit. 

Remember the gas will play up in the cold on the older versions, so if buying paslode I would buy a new one. 

Wait it till you buy the stainless brads, you will love the price of them ??

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Remember the gas will play up in the cold on the older versions,

my answer was always to have a mug of tea handy and put the gas can in that. 

@dnb I have a second fix im65a which I have hardly used but frankly don’t need anymore, make me an offer!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

what other tools do you have as the dewalt was cheap

The useful tools are all Erbauer EXT or mains. So no bare nail gun option.

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

and sell it afterwards

Never really got the hang of that one. It's why I still have a TVR, a Lotus and a Jaguar.

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

Remember the gas will play up in the cold on the older versions

I haven't checked, but do the newer ones use a bit of propane in the gas to lower the vapor temperature in the newer ones? It's not been properly cold yet so not had a problem with the IM360. And I have lived down south long enough now to be soft southerner, so I don't like to work in the cold!!

58 minutes ago, joe90 said:

have a mug of tea handy and put the gas can in that.

Coffee works for me. It's not the first time this has been mentioned.

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

I have a second fix im65a which I have hardly used but frankly don’t need anymore, make me an offer!

I wasn't expecting to find something so quickly. I am sure we can come to an arrangement in the very near future ? .

11 hours ago, joe90 said:

my answer was always to have a mug of tea handy and put the gas can in that. 

@dnb I have a second fix im65a which I have hardly used but frankly don’t need anymore, make me an offer!

Under armpits or down the pants is another option (if your desperate)

• Haha 1