Who is experienced with Amazon?

I'd report it to Amazon now. Explain you placed an order and paid via Amazon but then received another email telling you to pay by bank transfer instead/as well. Ask Amazon to cancel the order you placed through them and refund payment. 

See also this page. It seems to be known as the A-Z scam because of the additional letters in the email address. 

https://www.getsafeonline.org/theoneshow/

2 hours ago, PeterStarck said:

It's interesting that my anti-virus software wouldn't let me open this thread until I over rode it.

I assume it will be flagging the links in the email i copied across from my junk folder, I haven't clicked any of them, but i very much doubt they will lead to an actual Amazon help centre..

Lol. It was a full on scam but don't worry amazon has refunded me. Now I'm just winding up the scammer. For some reason he doesn't seem willing to send the saw and let me transfer him the money afterwards ?. Good thing is I nearly recommended that my boss buy it. And there is a good chance he would have just sent him the money. 

Sorry ... thought you said "An Amazon". I will get my goat sorry coat.

Most of my Amazon spending is via Gift Cards, since on occasions they can give a noticeable discount. I used to get £100 of free petrol for £1000 spent on Amazon cards at Morrisons. A good way of timeshifting spending, however.

The offer is still there but is only worth a fraction of the former value.

Ferdinand