Sewage Pump Issue

Invader75

Hi,

We have a sewage pump fitted for my parents annexe to pump up the main drain. Over the last couple of months it's developed an issue and has stopped emptying out the tank. Initially we called out a local company to have a look at it. After a short while they said it started working. Since then we've had overflowing tanks twice. 

I've opened the cover and fished around with a suitable implement to raise the float switch at which point the pump kicks in. Each time I've made sure to flush out the tank with loads of fresh water from the the hose. There's definitely not anything that shouldn't be down there in terms of wipes etc. Only what should and toilet paper. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

52 minutes ago, Invader75 said:

I've opened the cover and fished around with a suitable implement to raise the float switch at which point the pump kicks in.

That suggests the float switch got stuck under something so it could not float up and activate.

With the "water" level low have a good look at what pipework etc there might be that the float switch could snag on and see if you can re jig the layout so there is nothing to snag it.