update on building

quick update, since our rogue builder departed (police, trading standards and local MP now all involved) we have had some help from a local, brilliant, builder with od days but mainly done it ourselves on evenings and weekends.

Now getting roof firrings on, then boards, VPL, insulation and roofer coming 3rd Aug to fit EPDM (the fleece backed stuff).  Also windows started being fitted today despite the fact I havnt yet put the external (140mm woodfibre, battons, counter battons and cladding) on yet ? But I can fit it to the windows so that's fine. Drains done, water in house and electric ready to go in. so slowly getting there.

Also got to catch up on noggins, etc.  A coupld of these pics are from a couple of weeks ago ?

house.jpg

houe_window.jpg

house_pic.jpg

old_house.jpg

• Like 4

Now that looks to be both an interesting and challenging plot! Is it as secluded as it appears to be? 

Love how the design and overhangs step with the terrain ?

Edited by NSS

7 minutes ago, NSS said:

Now that looks to be both an interesting and challenging plot! Is it as secluded as it appears to be? 

Love how the design and overhangs step with the terrain ?

access is either via road, 6ft wide and v sharp bends; Toyota hilux is about it.  Other access is down a steep footpath, but can park easy to within 50m of house.  Everything has had to be dropped at my renatl and moved in the  hilux or hand carried down the path (that's how I did 240 joists!) Moved over 300 sheets of insulation this way on sat.  its 2 acres in totl. Why? Because its a 10 min walk to Looe beach in cornwall, secluded in our own 2 acres.  but access is crap lol

1 minute ago, redtop said:

access is either via road, 6ft wide and v sharp bends; Toyota hilux is about it.  Other access is down a steep footpath, but can park easy to within 50m of house.  Everything has had to be dropped at my renatl and moved in the  hilux or hand carried down the path (that's how I did 240 joists!) Moved over 300 sheets of insulation this way on sat.  its 2 acres in totl. Why? Because its a 10 min walk to Looe beach in cornwall, secluded in our own 2 acres.  but access is crap lol

Sounds idyllic, and I'm sure it will be worth all the effort (and hassle). Looking forward to seeing more pics as you progress.

1 hour ago, Dreadnaught said:

What a site! What a location! Great progress.

You could put this updates in a blog if you liked? Just ask a staff member to set it up for you.

yep, I have loads of photos from the start and would be happy to document it in a blog. I think there are a lot of lessons learnt (well has been for me that's for sure)

• Like 1