CC45

CC45

Sunday evenings weren't the same when ebuild went - great to see the new forum with so many familiar 'faces'.

We are self building in Shropshire.  Timber frame, external walls, roof, windows & doors, UFH & 80% of insulation in now.  Garage well on as well.  Another year or so to go - slow on your own (with a full time job) but still enjoying it despite being on the go for the last year or so.

CC

• Like 1

I set targets to keep myself going, then generally fail to meet them so have to reset them.  mates help now & then - surprising how much a few people can get done!

Sense of humour is essential.

ebuild was great - this should be the same 9_9

Hi Dave,  been following your progress - really like the idea of your cladding (said this on my last forum reply on ebuild o.O), in fact it looks a great house.  Our next one will be all our own graft - foundations the lot.  I've spent a lot of time climbing & walking in Scotland - you are a lucky man living up there.........

Fitting our build (246m2 + garage of ~ 60m2) around a full time job is hard - 4 evenings a week I try to get 2 -3 hrs/ evening in + virtually every weekend.  I'm very lucky to have a missus who does all the cooking, cleaning etc etc - obviously not told her this!  The upside of a job is the income of course and this along with slow progress means I just about keep up with paying day to day materials out of income (ignoring the big items of course).

Enjoy your cuppa

cc

I'm also in the DIY camp, and yes it is frustratingly slow at times. I'm fitting rafters just now and must have been up and down that bloomin' ladder several hundred times. One extra pair of hands would make a big difference!