Is this the end of the lava lamp?

Today I was getting millstone manor ready for the XMAS throngs (18 for lunch on boxing day!) anyway as part of this exercise I cleaned the lava lamp that is in our 'drawing room' - dank place we only use on hi days and holidays. I turned it on and by the time I had cleaned the room, polished the grate and hovered round it was bubbling away merrily. Then a thought struck me - the lava lamp needs an incandescent bulb to make it work, generate the heat to create the motion for which these lamps are famous. I had a look at it and wondered if the bulb went whether I could get a new one or would have to replace it with an LED and a small heating element (thus defeating the drive for eco lighting)! Extending this a little further I wondered what other devices of fond memory might have to be re-engineered because the incandescent lamp is in its final phase of life - or is it? Any ideas? (PS this is not an excuse to discuss the finer points / merits or otherwise of government policy or, heaven forfend, the machinations of  much maligned / meddling (delete as appropriate) bureaucrats in Brussels.)

I remember years ago my parents had an electric fire. There was an incandescent bulb in it and the hot air rising from it made a circular grate rotate like a propeller to create a strobing effect on the back panel.

Apparently these are flicker vanes and then there was an orange bulb that shone through them to create a flame effect.

Edited by AliG

13 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

For Lava Lamps you get can them from the original manufacturer Mathmos.

http://www.mathmos.com/mathmos-replacement-bulbs.html

Yes thanks Ferdinand - good to know you can still get them but my question was aimed at finding other objects that use the heat from a bulb, not available from an LED, to make something amusing such as @AliG mentions.