First self build Portpatrick SW Scotland

We are a bit late to the forum as we are a few months from completion but better late than never

We have built a eco friendly SIP house triple glazed south facing, the house is detached with a total footprint of 200m2 of which 36m2 is the garage attached to the house by a linking porch. As the sip construction leaves a large usable loft space I will use this later at the moment I have 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms on the first floor and an open plan layout on the ground floor, I will try to attach some drawings later. We are about 3 months from completion

Stuart & Carole

I looked at Clays - they were one of two I whittled down my list to, however I found them very difficult to correspond with. In the end I decided if they cant answer my emails when they dont have my cash, what would they be like when they did! So I went with the other company - they were 10% more expensive but I would rather deal with people who will respond to you. Not to say you didn't have a great experience @Stuart Adamson, just giving a different perspective.

2 hours ago, Stuart Adamson said:

The kit was done by Clay SIPS in Skipton who I would highly recommend, I cant get to the house at the moment but I will get some photos in the next few weeks. I have attached a pdf of the general layout.

A223_(BW)08_20.05.16[4820].pdf 1.24 MB · 6 downloads

Who did your erection? I was fairly impressed with the communication from Clays but put off by them not providing erection services up here (and the knock on impact on zero rating). 

Clay Sips put me in touch with a man who had put kits up for them, he came up for 6 weeks and his experience was invaluable , I got some local labour and I assisted, 4 men for most of the build but I got more people the day we put the roof on,  it worked relay well. We went to see Clay Sips before we ordered the kit and they were great, we did get some other quotes but there was not much in it, one company wanted to have vaulted ceilings in the bedrooms but I thought this was a huge waste of space, I have about 80m2 of usable loft.