PV Panels: Black with Silver Solder Lines OR All Black

Barney12

OK, I'm being ridiculously indecisive. Do I go for the cheaper REC panels which are black framed with black backing and silver solder lines 

OR the much more expensive all black Intenergy 250W All Black Mono Solar Panel?

Am I really going to notice some silver solder lines running across the panels that much?

TTFN

Barney

(I'm not sure the image with the silver lines is the exact same model but it looks like the PDF spec picture!)

perlight-eclipse-black.jpgsolarworld_sunmodule_plus_sw_275_watt_mono_black_908_0.jpg

Edited by Barney12
Typo's!

Guest Alphonsox

For me - it would be the all-black version every time. But I guess it depends on the cost difference and where they are to be sited

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

How much difference in price..? Are these for FIT or not..? I had a price on all black that was about £8 a panel more

Non Fit.

All Black: £140.00 ea

Black with Silver: £115.00 ea

so with an array of 10 panels its £250.00 + VAT

Edited by Barney12
  • Like 1

Wagner renewables quoted me £126 for Perlight Triple Black, £120 for Intenergy Eclipse for 12 panels

The in roof system (easyroof) was £700 for 12 panels (8 east, 4 west) including all the flashings etc,

• 2 weeks later...

Beware of how the panels are fitted onto your roof too - if they are in-roof like Mr Harris above, then that would be ideal. But if conventional with rails etc, then often these rails turn out to be silver anyway, which kind of defeats your objective if you want to 'disguise' the panels as much as possible!  My install ended up with aluminium rails which buggered up the whole look really. I ended up painting the rails where they were obvious and that helped disguise them a bit.