MVHR airflow reversed

Hi everyone,

My builder has installed by Vent Axia unit for me.

I’ve just switched it on for the first time and noticed all the extraction vents are blowing air into the bathrooms and living area vents are drawing air in!!

I’ve checked the manifolds have been connected correctly, the diagram on the unit has a logo showing air flow being removed from the house and this is the connection that has the bathroom ducting manifold.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Olly

4 minutes ago, OllyH said:

Hi everyone,

My builder has installed by Vent Axia unit for me.

I’ve just switched it on for the first time and noticed all the extraction vents are blowing air into the bathrooms and living area vents are drawing air in!!

I’ve checked the manifolds have been connected correctly, the diagram on the unit has a logo showing air flow being removed from the house and this is the connection that has the bathroom ducting manifold.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Olly

How did this get through commissioning and balancing by the installer with the ducts connected the wrong way around, I wonder? 

Should be easy enough to swap the ducts over, but equally I think it might be wise to ask for evidence that the system has been properly commissioned and balanced.  The required ventilation rates it has to meet are given in building regs, Part F.

I haven't experienced this, but the fix is obvious? (Swap the offending ducts round) Do you have any freedom in how the ducts are running and positioned near the unit? 

Edit: Apologies; overlapped with Jeremy's reply. 

Edited by MJNewton

So the installer can’t read ....

The room extracts on that are on the other side of the unit (it is the little house with the arrow inside) and the ones he has connected to are the external inlet and exhaust ...

It also means all the filters and sensors are on the wrong sides -  basically it’s installed entirely back to front and they need to refit the unit. 

• Like 1

Check the manual to see what those symbols really mean.  But to me it looks like the right hand pair are the ports that go to the external ducts and the left hand pair are the ones that should go to the house vents?

Someone correct me if I am wrong,. That's the trouble with symbols, it is not always obvious what they mean.

It is possible to reverse the configuration of most of the vent axis units, in essence you spin it 180 degrees in plan view and swap the front and back covers. Depends if this corrects it fully or if it is easier to swap the ducting around?

Looking at the diagram again I think this would correct it.

Edited by JFDIY

Thanks for your responses.  I’ll check the manual and report back.

We don’t have a lot of leeway at all.  The feeds to the manifolds will have to be swapped over.

Edited by OllyH

1 hour ago, OllyH said:

Yeah it’s been installed as if it were a left hand unit instead of right.  Just need to swap it all over.  Cheers

Found another document, this is just for swapping orientation. 

Another though, is just spin the unit and fit a remote control  panel. These have a 15m cable I think so can be placed somewhere convenient to everyday use.

vent axia swapping orientation.pdf

Edited by JFDIY

• 3 weeks later...