Emptying a Graf One2Clean

Nick A

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone has any experience of how far a standard waste tanker can be parked from a treatment plant or septic tank to empty it? Our Architect is suggesting putting the Graf One2Clean right by our access road but it’s going to be a real eyesore.

I’d prefer to locate it around 20m from the access road - doesn’t feel like that should be a problem?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated both on emptying and the Graf 

Thanks,

Nick

Phone your local emptying companies and ask them. The crucial thing is how much hose they carry or can carry.

Ours is only 5M from the road and they usually use just 2 lengths of hose and they have at least another 2 lengths, so 10M should be okay, but I suspect 20M would be more than they routinely carry with them.

Usually with a treatment tank and even a old fashion septic tank (and soakaway) if you look after what you put in it then it shouldn't need to be empty that frequently.

I chose to put mine with the decrofted plot boundary as I didn't want livestock standing on the tank. More of concern if in a field with cattle (the heaviest would be a ram for us). And we have the surrounding agricultural land. 

Just a consideration as well.

10 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

Wasn't it @Onoff who had a hidden one

Yep. I've found it now though. Had too as it was seriously blocked last Summer.

Going to borrow works £5k drain cam sometime to inspect the clay pipe runs.

10 hours ago, Onoff said:

Yep. I've found it now though. Had too as it was seriously blocked last Summer.

Going to borrow works £5k drain cam sometime to inspect the clay pipe runs.

Link the thread

2 hours ago, Oz07 said:

Link the thread

Here you go. I'm mulling, this year, to level the strip of land up the side of the house to make it useable. (Covered storage cum a future access platform the length of the bungalow should I ever convert to gable ends). Neighbour offered the other day to dig it up (with his digger) so I can replace the clay drains down to the cess pool etc. Its not this bad now but not far off! Not visible are old building footings that the clay drains run through. I've tried hand digging and Kango'ing but its a bit too much for me.

20190413_100533

I found the cess pool in the trees beyond the jumbo bags:

20190413_100603