Anyone done MVHR with slot (long thin) outlets.

I see they have veins within but it looks like they are a form non-return valve. I wonder how a linear diffuser could be selectively attenuated for the balancing an MVHR system, either supply or extract.

Edited by Dreadnaught

10 minutes ago, Dreadnaught said:

I wonder how a linear diffuser could be selectively attenuated for the balancing an MVHR system, either supply or extract.

I was wondering that as well there must be a way and your link sort of helps but it looks like it might be tough none the less.

11 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

I was wondering that as well there must be a way and your link sort of helps but it looks like it might be tough none the less.

I think it is possible to locate the flow control away from the diffuser, presumably near the manifold, by using duct butterfly valves. This could be a solution.

I wonder if anyone has used duct valves for attenuation rather than diffusers. 

Edited by Dreadnaught

• 11 months later...

Resurrecting this old thread.

The MVHR extract vents in my kitchen either need to go though a steel beam or can be a linear diffuser in a wall without needing cut a hole in the beam. 

But I am still not sure whether linear diffusers are good as extract terminals. I wonder, has anybody used a linear diffuser in their MCHR system?

@MikeSharp01, did you use one in the end?