92.5 degree bend : the half? Really? Honestly?

ToughButterCup

You may get 5 degrees overall but you need to make sure it is not too far out as the seals / tolerances on decent fittings can be pretty tight. 

Also worth ensuring you use decent silicone lubricant - not expensive and much better than washing up liquid especially if you want to split joints or adjust them after fitting as washing up liquid dries very quickly. 

• Like 1

? Dave.

I'm trying to get it right enough so that my mate who visits occasionally  - the roofer - the retired feminist - doesn't wince and clutch his withers when he sees my workmanship.?

He has a series of one liners that would make even an Army NCO splutter..... tea spouting out of your nose type remarks.....

2 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Thanks for that.

I didn't know that the tolerance was quite so great. I spent an hour yesterday chipping out concrete all for a couple of degrees misalignment.

Bloody German heritage....it's a curse sometimes 

no substitute fir getting “it right”.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect this post, but just doing my SVPs and this whole angle thing is nuts. If a branch has 87.5° angle then the horizontal pipe naturally wants a fall of 1/23 according to my understanding. But building regs have max fall of 1/40. I guess there is enough wiggle to get a shallower fall. 

I agree about the silicone lubricant, makes undoing the fitting an actual possible. 

30 minutes ago, Nick Laslett said:

Sorry to resurrect this post, but just doing my SVPs and this whole angle thing is nuts. If a branch has 87.5° angle then the horizontal pipe naturally wants a fall of 1/23 according to my understanding. But building regs have max fall of 1/40. I guess there is enough wiggle to get a shallower fall. 

I agree about the silicone lubricant, makes undoing the fitting an actual possible. 

You're overthinking it. Everyone in the trade just calls them 90's

I bet you get 5 deg or more of play in a fitting

...Sorry just re read been covered already

Edited by Oz07