Rendering finished today.

ProDave

The last wall of my house, the back wall of the garage was finally given it's top coat of render today.

This wall had been held up for the garage window which was delayed a bit, then it was a while before I could get help to fit it, then the weather turned.

But out of the blue the renderer turned up today saying he "thinks" it will be okay.

render_16.jpg

It looks good and has skinned over nicely. Then I saw the weather forecast which said -6 tonight.  So I have covered the back wall with OSB sheets leaning from the scaffold platform and resting on the gutter, and covered around the ends with a dust sheet to try and keep the worst of the frost off it and hope it is still okay in the morning.

This is the last bit of wall to be rendered so that is the main part of the house finally properly wind and watertight. well except for the fact there are no doors in the garage yet.

More on my blog at http://ardross.altervista.org/Wilowburn/rendering-and-garage-finally-finished/

ProDave

I like what you have done with the window cills.

In an earlier post (old website) you were using the alloy cills, is this still the case as it looks like you have used something else.

I am currently looking at how to create the look of a stone cill and how you have done yours is what i am after although slightly deeper

Blockwork below the belcast is just being painted with light grey masonry paint. Not much of it will be seen, at the front the ground level is high and it's down in a trench, and at the back, most of the house will be covered with decking anyway.

The window cills are aluminium, painted the same colour as the aluminium cladding of the windows.

Stones used the same windows but had his own aluminium cills made as he wanted them deeper.

10 hours ago, ProDave said:

Blockwork below the belcast is just being painted with light grey masonry paint. Not much of it will be seen, at the front the ground level is high and it's down in a trench, and at the back, most of the house will be covered with decking anyway.

The window cills are aluminium, painted the same colour as the aluminium cladding of the windows.

Stones used the same windows but had his own aluminium cills made as he wanted them deeper.

The cills look to be the colour of the walls? #confused (doesn't take much :)

18 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

The cills look to be the colour of the walls? #confused (doesn't take much :))

I agree it looks like that in the photo, but they are not. It's a trick of the light, photo taken late on a dull winters day and the camera decided it needed to turn the flash on which might explain it.

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

I agree it looks like that in the photo, but they are not. It's a trick of the light, photo taken late on a dull winters day and the camera decided it needed to turn the flash on which might explain it.

Aaaa I C. Regardless it looks great!