Ply lining walls in attached garage

Hi guys

I want to sort out shelving, storage etc in my double garage which is attached to the house. The garage is insulated with wool in the loft, thermalite inner blockwork, fiberglass batts in the cavity and brick outer walls. Interior is all dot and dabbed plasterboard and plaster. I wanted to batten the walls and then add 18mm ply to the rear large wall and then some of the side walls. My worry was causing mould to form behind the ply as there is a gap for potential moisture to get behind.  No sign of any mould anywhere at the moment, garage gets to about 5c when the temperature really drops.

Garage door is an insulated ryterna sectional door

Garage is not heated and Car is stored in there which will be wet from time to time due to weather

Thanks

James

I do not see why there would be a problem her tbh. Never known of anyone getting mould.

Condensation is wet air hitting a cold surface.

If you have OK insulation, then the inner either behind or in front of the ply if directly attached, needs to be be warm enough not to condense air.

My thinking is to make sure that the interior is adequately ventilated as humidity control, and either ventilate the gap behind the ply racking to inside, and/or potentially put a vapour membrane in front of the insulation and behind the racking.

You may not need to go that far and just ventilation of the garage, which may just be natural ventilation, may be sufficient.

I think I would start just by checking over what range the humidity runs at present.

Suspect most people just whack up the racking and it is fine.

F