MVHR newbie.. help needed

My neighbour was complaining that she could hear the MVHR when it was very quiet in the house, early morning or when going to bed she could hear the unit through the party wall. One of the fans is playing up so I had to reduce it down a bit and it stopped the virbration. But I initially thought to insulate the unit first with some rockwool and I built a box around it. That helped a bit but not a lot. In the future I will possibly need to change the fan(s).

• 2 years later...

Just as follow up, I had both fans replaced under warranty and also had the unit removed from the wall and hanged to the rafters as there was a considerable amount of noise to the neighbours, I could only hear it a bit in the landing at night and it didn't bother me as much.

Now the unit is silent.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Savage87 said:

Just as follow up, I had both fans replaced under warranty and also had the unit removed from the wall and hanged to the rafters as there was a considerable amount of noise to the neighbours, I could only hear it a bit in the landing at night and it didn't bother me as much.

Now the unit is silent.

Sounds like a good outcome. Well done!

• Like 1