Smooth out garage floor.

Oz07

Caught a bit of a cold today doing my garage floor concrete. Managed to rescue it to a half acceptable standard. What products can be used over the top to finish it off?

I've seen this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/Cementone-Cempolay-Ultra-Strong-Self-Levelling-Floor-Compound-25kg/p/741202&ved=2ahUKEwjq9M_g6YDlAhW_WhUIHcsSALAQFjAGegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw30IiISkM_tZhOwYHsj2XKw

I've also seen epoxy paints but they look expensive and prep work looks a pain. 

Then  there are the pvc floor tiles but look expensive for what they are. 

For context the garage may have a car in 5% of the time. The one I built in January hasn't had a car in yet so it's mainly for kit. 

Thanks in advance

Try phoning tilemaster and asking for the technical dept or speak to a company called Resapol. Used both and they are very helpful, sell quality stuff and know their products. Lots of the trade lads we use at work recommend them.

Resapol supplied me with a floor leveller to smooth a hollow in a fork lift truck route, still sound after two years of traffic. It was a Weber product but can’t remember which.

• Like 1

Will follow this with interest as I would like to smooth our garage floor too and have been looking at similar options. Reckon we'd need up to 8mm depth and probably an average of 5mm over the approx 33m2 floor area.

2 hours ago, Oz07 said:

Mines not so bad in contrast I reckon 3mm over the lot. Was out there rescuing it at half 7. Just underlines what a skill concreting is and how little of that skill I have! 

I'd be chuffed if mine was that close to being smooth, and it was laid by so called professionals!

23 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

That one I linked looks to be @PeterW

Also ardex do one k80 I think

This one might be the Webex product hinted at above. Cheaper than the one linked above, self-levelling, final wear surface, industrial application. Depth is 4-15mm. Not particularly cheap, but it looks like a decent product. 

At some stage I need to do something about my garage floor. We had problems with the weather when the slab was laid, and in some areas the upper layer has lifted, leaving a dusty, uneven surface. Options for fixing include patching the rough areas with self-leveller then sealing the lot (or covering with vinyl tiles), tiling with industrial floor tiles, or some sort of self-levelling system. It hasn't really been a priority but I'll need to start thinking about it now we're nearing completion.