Recirculating Shower System

Adrian Walker

On 28/09/2019 at 20:38, Nickfromwales said:

Just fit a £2 flow regulator ( restrictor ) into any shower head and you’ll be “saving water” in seconds, without any premium. 

Thanks, but I don't want to restrict the flow I want to give the water more volume.  So 7.5l/min feels like 15l/min

On 10/03/2018 at 21:42, Nickfromwales said:

You wouldn't possibly be having a Sunamp PV if you have an ASHP ;). You'd maybe instead be going for a Sunamp dual port that takes in wet heat as well as PV based electricity. That way you'd maximise the efficiency of feeding it with heat energy when the PV isn't up to it.

Far less parts and complexity too, that all said bearing in mind that Jeremy has the flagship model and the available range of Sunamp units has grown significantly of late.

I thought that you needed a higher temp than shower waste water would give you (~65C) to be able to "charge" the Sunamp?

17 minutes ago, Adrian Walker said:

I thought that you needed a higher temp than shower waste water would give you (~65C) to be able to "charge" the Sunamp?

The recovered heat isn't charging the Sunamp, though, it's just reducing the amount of sensible heat the Sunamp has to deliver.

23 hours ago, Adrian Walker said:

Thanks, but I don't want to restrict the flow I want to give the water more volume.  So 7.5l/min feels like 15l/min

It'll LOOK like 15l/min but it won't FEEL like it ;)  Have you ever used a basin tap that aerates? Takes much longer to wash you hands ergo does not save water as you're running the tap longer. The reason they do it is to fool you, subconsciously, that the water is running faster, but its not, as a water saving measure.

7.5l/min will always just be 7.5l/min. You can make it look more, but that's all. 

• Like 1