Gaps appearing in shed door

2 hours ago, Home Farm said:

Taken me a while to post this sorry. It's a short video based on the advice received here. Hopefully it's OK. It looks good from the outside. Feedback and comments are always welcome.

https://youtu.be/FO5IhMNZZHw

“Having spoken to some experts” !!!

i see subscribers are up by 1400% since your first post here. ?

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

i see subscribers are up by 1400% since your first post here.

Don't think all the subscribers are from here - got some friends to follow me and picked up some followers off a renewable energy website. 

But I think Buildhub is by far the best "expert" site I've come across for DIY advice.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Home Farm said:

Taken me a while to post this sorry. It's a short video based on the advice received here. Hopefully it's OK. It looks good from the outside. Feedback and comments are always welcome.

Looks like you did a good job, have you been inside with the door shut to check for any other obvious gaps ?

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

Those little off cuts on the back look s**t. ?

Always good to use up off cuts so well done and as you say it’s on the inside of a shed so no bother.  

Looks a good job.

I think the only thing I might have done differently would be to treat/paint the battens first so that the back was also fully protected. If doing a lot more I might have created a temporary long thin bath out of 2 battens and some polythene.

F

2 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

think the only thing I might have done differently would be to treat/paint the battens first so that the back was also fully protected

I assume they he is using treated timber so should be fine. 

3 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

I think the only thing I might have done differently would be to treat/paint the battens first so that the back was also fully protected. If doing a lot more I might have created a temporary long thin bath out of 2 battens and some polythene.

I did think of doing that and then decided against it. Now that the project is done, I kinda wish I’d done that. Won’t skip this step next time.

8 hours ago, Home Farm said:

Yeah, I know. Didn't want to waste a lot of time cutting neat little pieces and no one's ever going to see them ?

Lift my floor boards up, where I'VE worked and it's all clean and vacuumed. No sawdust or other debris. Under my bath, behind the panel, is as neat as the bathroom itself. 

14 hours ago, Onoff said:

Lift my floor boards up, where I'VE worked and it's all clean and vacuumed. No sawdust or other debris. Under my bath, behind the panel, is as neat as the bathroom itself. 

That's respectable.

The house we moved into was gutted and completely redone by the previous owners. They cut so many corners, which you only find when you start looking at things closely, but the one thing that we have found astounding has been the amount of rubbish, packaging and filth that has been hidden behind "finished" things, which we find shocking given that they had a skip here to dispose of all such crap during there rebuild.

We found discarded packaging under the bathtub (see attached image), general filth and rubble behind the kitchen skirting boards, and I'm not even going to address what we found up the chimney stack. IMG_7357.jpeg

I find that kind of stuff disreputable and lazy.

IMG_7240.jpg

Edited by Home Farm

The idea behind my bathroom build was that it's a bit of a "retreat" from the rest of the place that's so badly done. Sort of gives me hope that one day the whole place will be like it. People do comment "...just the rest of the house to do now then!"

For instance I've 4 (was 6) different ground floor levels!