Russell griffiths

Rationel windows, with different sliding doors.

So went to the rationel showroom closest to me to find out they don’t actually do a lift n slide door in the size we want and that the quote we have had is actually for another make. 

Has anybody fitted rationel windows with a different door ???

As long as they are the same colour and general style (modern, traditional etc) they will look fine.

• Like 1

If from same supplier should use same glass in both as small differences will be noticable. If using different suppliers I would be cautious about having windows on the same side of the building being different to doors -I'm currently going through this conundrum!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2 said:

If from same supplier should use same glass in both as small differences will be noticable. If using different suppliers I would be cautious about having windows on the same side of the building being different to doors -I'm currently going through this conundrum!

Really? We have several different glass specs on the same elevation - double glazed, triple glazed, toughened, laminated, different gap widths and pane thicknesses and I have not noticed any difference.

This is quite common in my experience - Rationel have a lower maximum slider size than some other manufacturers.

5 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Really? We have several different glass specs on the same elevation - double glazed, triple glazed, toughened, laminated, different gap widths and pane thicknesses and I have not noticed any difference.

We're getting solar control glass and ideally want the optiwhite  range from pilkington, for the sliding doors a local supplier is fine to provide this but some of the European window companies won't commit to this and state an equivalent will be provided and although they may look similar I want to be 100% sure they will look 100% the same where we have a large window near a sliding door where they come from different companies.

11 hours ago, Adam2 said:

We're getting solar control glass and ideally want the optiwhite  range from pilkington, for the sliding doors a local supplier is fine to provide this but some of the European window companies won't commit to this and state an equivalent will be provided and although they may look similar I want to be 100% sure they will look 100% the same where we have a large window near a sliding door where they come from different companies.

I have used low iron glass in some 25mm thick external balustrading without handrail and the difference in colour is noticeable, especially when looked at from the edges.

It lets all the light through, so make sure you have decent solar control. Does it work OK with low e coatings?