Meeting Water Regulations

Boris

Hi, before I turn into Victor Meldrew, could people advise how they meet the 125l a day rule and have toilets that flush on the first go and have a luxurious bath that means all parts of the body are submerged, with no bits sticking out.  We have for 25 years or more received a discount on our water use (metered), yet this is not good enough.  We either fit toilets that will need 2/3 flushes - very water saving that or fit a temporary bath until it is signed off. TIA

Edited by Boris
Typo

You could do what I'd guess many do, and just make up the numbers on the water usage sheet.  Not saying that's what I did, but our shower uses ~100 litres per shower, before taking account of anything else...

We did have a bit of a jobsworth inspector for a short time, who wanted to see proof that flow restrictors were fitted to all outlets, but I'm pretty sure that's an exception, rather than the normal procedure.  The inspector who did our completion inspection wasn't interested in the water use calculations, and didn't even bother to take the completed paperwork I'd prepared away with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ADLIan said:

No need to do the calculation as there is an alternative fittings based approach in Table 2.1 of Appr Doc G - comply with this and all is OK!

Glad they've updated Part G to include this, it didn't exist when I was having to try and convince Mr Awkward about consumption...

Does make the point that it's always worth looking to see what's been revised in the BRs, though, As the 2016 version of Part G is quite a bit different from the 2010 version that I had to work to.

• 1 year later...
On 02/08/2019 at 14:40, ADLIan said:

No need to do the calculation as there is an alternative fittings based approach in Table 2.1 of Appr Doc G - comply with this and all is OK!

Restarting an old thread, but does anyone have an example of what they have submitted for the fittings based approach?

Simon

• 2 weeks later...