Am I missing something?

Roz

Am I missing something or is this a piece of crap I shouldn’t have bought from Amazon? 

I bought a wall tap tap from Amazon and I was just checking the assembly and the cover plate doesn’t go over the mixer and it says you shouldn’t dismount the mixer (i cant anyway at least by hand) to do it from behind (which is what I did for the spout)

when i I try to get it on it scratches the paint. Send it back? Or am I missing something?

i tried putting oil on it but could try harder

12F2ED17-2AD3-46F0-9B4D-FBD706043B87.jpeg

57057BDE-78D5-4050-B785-56EF2FF914BD.jpeg

A230F17F-B978-424B-87C6-885C1AE2F6B4.jpeg

Edited by Roz

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Are there two cover plates, one for the mixer and one for the spout and you've them the wrong way round?

There are two but this one is way bigger so has to be this way around. It's like it almost fits, but gets stuck on the rubber inside the ring. I could try taking that out if it isnt glued

Just now, Roz said:

There are two but this one is way bigger so has to be this way around. It's like it almost fits, but gets stuck on the rubber inside the ring. I could try taking that out if it isnt glued

Try some silicon grease or similar lubricant. A dab of Mr Sheen at a push.

I can get the rubber ring off and then it goes over, but when i put the rubber ring back on and try and pull it on from the back it still wont come ?i'll see what we have got to grease it

17 minutes ago, Roz said:

I can get the rubber ring off and then it goes over, but when i put the rubber ring back on and try and pull it on from the back it still wont come ?i'll see what we have got to grease it

Vaseline, KY, Durex Play...

On 31/07/2019 at 15:05, Temp said:

The O-rings make some of our covers very tight. You can buy proper Plumbers Lube from places like Toolstation but liquid soap or shampoo should also work.

As an update, I tried liquid soap and it didn’t work. Think I’m going to try sending it back but it’s quite scratched now :/ 

alternatively i I can keep it, leave the rubber washer out and seal and fix with silicone ??‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Roz said:

As an update, I tried liquid soap and it didn’t work. Think I’m going to try sending it back but it’s quite scratched now :/ 

alternatively i I can keep it, leave the rubber washer out and seal and fix with silicone ??‍♀️

Tried leaving in boiling water yet to soften the ring?

Make good the scratched with a decent, black permanent marker.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/08/2019 at 13:12, Onoff said:

Tried leaving in boiling water yet to soften the ring?

Make good the scratched with a decent, black permanent marker.

As an update, I tried boiling water and it didn't work. I also ordered another one as there had since been 2 good reviews for it on amazon so I thought maybe I had a dud. It didnt fit either and wasnt keen to scratch this one! I presume the other reviewers havent tried to fit theirs yet. 

Better get a more expensive one then... and not be tempted by the cheap ones on ebay... no no no. Why did I go with a black bathroom furniture theme?  lol