Water coming in!

incidentally, the sun is out so I popped out for a couple of photos of the same roof.

To me the larger clumps of Moss are fewer, and it seems to have kept it down.

For a roof which is very tricky to access ... top is at about 8-9m and there is a conservatory right across the bottom, I a. Reasonably happy with that.

A9F6296B-B232-41E2-AB58-054C4439BF37.jpeg

9C45F408-60D7-42BC-A15C-67089F8BE373.jpeg

Edited by Ferdinand

On 04/11/2019 at 13:53, daiking said:

Didn’t have any Cu sulphate so when I was up near the roof yesterday I sprayed some generic roundup as far as I could reach. 

Will this be any use?

(there does seem to be a lot of moss around the east facing, out of the sun most of the day, ground floor veluxes)

Well ackshually, it did seem to make a difference ?‍♂️

Run off not a problem as it was only retail diluted stuff (Westland Resolva) and it goes to drain. Well it didn’t for a long time, it was spilling onto the grass as the drain was 95% blocked.

• 9 months later...

Updating this.

What my tile roof look likes 2 years after treatment with copper sulphate solution and a Super Soaker.

I'm surprised at the extent of contrast, but it certainly seems to have worked to keep the moss down. EIther it is strong enough to have bleached the tiles a little, or killed small bio-wotsits that darken the roof a little, or similar.

I think I need to try with a weaker solution or a more precise instrument if I am to do it again, particularly if I try the front which is seen from the lane.

image.png.158e6a646168ef3f1c7c6deb310cb15d.png

• Like 1