Irish windows

Just watched a property program and they had some nice looking windows that would fit our ideas nicely the house was in Ireland 

i wondered has anybody in the uk ordered from over the water, or can anybody in Ireland give me some links to reputable companies over there. 

Hoping i I don’t need a translator 

cheers russ. 

5 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Just watched a property program and they had some nice looking windows that would fit our ideas nicely the house was in Ireland 

i wondered has anybody in the uk ordered from over the water, or can anybody in Ireland give me some links to reputable companies over there. 

Hoping i I don’t need a translator 

cheers russ. 

Our windows and doors were made in Cork, by Munster Joinery.  The windows are fine in the main, but the doors leave a bit to be desired.  Definitely at the budget end for high performance glazing, and a PITA to deal with as a company, but massively cheaper than the likes of Internorm, and it seems that even Internorm have had some stick here over quality and installation issues.

Did you see the name???

The biggest supplier would be Munster joinery. They are a massive company which supplies the vast majority of sites in Ireland mainly due to the price which no other window company can come close to. However they don't have the greatest of reputations. With supplying most sites here with the cheapest Windows the builders want they didn't exactly take their time fitting them which inevitably led to problems further on down the line.

@JSHarris and myself both have their passive windows with Jeremys the aluclad triple glazed and mine the uPVC triple glazed. They aren't the best to deal with due to the shear volume of work they take on so your order can get lost/ forgotten about. In terms of quality the only issue I have had is being dark grey the swell in the heat so come summer time they need adjusted and then readjusted when late autumn comes.

The most important aspect is the fitting. A good fitter can make poor Windows work and a bad fitter can make the best and most expensive units the biggest nightmare you could ever experience.

if you need them relatively soon,within next 6-9 months, don't bother. i asked for a quote and months later got a response. it's a good job they are busy as their communication is almost non existant and i would not recommend them