Wall removal

MJH

Hi, I’m looking at removing the pantry and the archway into our dining room,  I have been advised my my architect brother in law that the brick wall isn’t supporting as there appears to be a gap between the brick & the hoist, however I’m still in certain! Thoughts? 

The archway is boarded so early enough to remove, I’m just worried about the main pantry. This will be removed up to the black line on the last pic.. I’ve tried putting pics on to rated people so someone could come out but they just quote over the phone for removal £600 and obviously can’t advise if it’s supporting or not. I need to be 100% as my kids bedroom is above! 

HELP! 

P.s from the pics the ceiling is removed just inside the pantry

4A6FBF1F-2E9D-4087-B741-BAB7358EBD22.jpeg

2A32A1C7-311F-4D91-9E1D-4D03E0390DF9.jpeg

1B9A7155-6CD0-4B70-8173-62FCF0FBA994.jpeg

DE528D65-5A38-4F77-8026-917657ACBBB1.jpeg

F379018C-DA3F-4A68-A6E3-AC48BD2CC0E6.jpeg

If you take the bedroom carpet up

and find the floorboards run parallel to the wall It’s likely to be load baring 

If they are not it worth doing as stated above and cut the ceiling back to the nearest joist 

You should be able to get your hand over the wall and touch the hoist in the next room 

I’ve just been advised by a friend that if the small archway into the pantry doesn’t have an ran over the opening then it isn’t a supporting wall.. is this the case?