Old dog new tricks (ufh thermostats)

Alexphd1

Back in the day.....

Scratching my head a bit on ufh stats. We used to fit a central timer with a dial stat in each room tbh worked pretty good. This was the original plan and I have all the parts (danfoss/uponor) lying in loft to do this but after reading a comment these stats are not accurate enough for PH level of build possibly overshooting the room temperatures. I have lost touch with what's hot what's not,  so what stats/controls has everybody else got? Not interested in any wifi/apps based stat or RF must be hard wired.  Would prefer something that is not a cheap white plastic or worse a silver plastic (the heatmiser neo looks nice in pictures). Always found previous generations of danfoss controls easy to work/set up.

Edited by Alexphd1

I have heatmiser neo.  They are ok to look at better than a lot of the others.  The heatmiser system Im not so impressed with took ages to get app running properly and it often goes down on the mesh network.  Have to go and adjust the old fashioned way by walking to the stat and changing it.  Now the system seems to be sorted hopefully there will be less fiddling with stats in future.

Edited by lizzie

The heatmiser do look good. 

Just ordered a danfoss icon touch prog roomstat, this a euro type fitting so will be adding black nickel schneider euro surround to match my light switches. 

I am going to stand up in defence of mechanical room stats.

There is nothing wrong with them IF they are wired properly, which means a 3 core cable with a neutral connection.

They are designed with an internal "accelerator heater" (just a small resistor). this very slightly warms the internal space of the thermostat when the heating is on, and overcomes the inherent hysteresis of a mechanical thermostat.

Ours work very well indeed keeping the rooms at a constant temperature with no overshoot.

I am sure that myson ones are the same as the heatmiser ones. 

If that's the case dave, you would save me a fortune. We are running the upstairs rads of a ufh manifold so we can control flow temps of the thermal store and was planning on using basic danfoss room stats.