Hello from first-timer in Leicestershire

Jez73

Hi everyone

I'm Jez. I'm in the very early stages of my first self-build, which I'm planning on being a "log house" of some description.

The first thing that's become clear is the difficulty I'm having finding a plot! Restrictions of Neighbourhood Plans and Council Plans, restricted usages, competition from others, and of course the mortgage-busting cost of some of the plots I've seen are all denting my belief that I can actually find a suitable plot. But it's only been a few weeks so the search continues!

The forum is great by the way, it's a fantastic way for a "self-build community" to share experiences, knowledge, and thoughts. There doesn't seem to be much else around like it.

Jez ?

• Like 1

Hi. Sounds like I'm not far, Houghton on the Hill, but I'm looking for a plot anywhere in the area. What stage are you are? How did you come by your plot (assuming you have one!)?

2 hours ago, Jez73 said:

Hi everyone

I'm Jez. I'm in the very early stages of my first self-build, which I'm planning on being a "log house" of some description.

The first thing that's become clear is the difficulty I'm having finding a plot! Restrictions of Neighbourhood Plans and Council Plans, restricted usages, competition from others, and of course the mortgage-busting cost of some of the plots I've seen are all denting my belief that I can actually find a suitable plot. But it's only been a few weeks so the search continues!

The forum is great by the way, it's a fantastic way for a "self-build community" to share experiences, knowledge, and thoughts. There doesn't seem to be much else around like it.

Jez ?

Wonderful stuff if you like attention !

For long term security, the National Forest should be a happy hunting ground, as it will continue to transform the area.

Welcome.

Edited by Ferdinand

1 hour ago, Jez73 said:

Hi. Sounds like I'm not far, Houghton on the Hill, but I'm looking for a plot anywhere in the area. What stage are you are? How did you come by your plot (assuming you have one!)?

I'm not self building, I'm doing a limited external refurb in a village north of Melton.