Bopas insurance or similar

nickw

Nothing strange thats for sure ...Isotex blocks.

This was recomended by the chartered surveyor who came out for the valuation on behalf of the mortgage company.

The same surveyor that turned up at the site with no plans (yes he did get sent them), knew nothing of the build , knew nothing of the land, purchase or any other details the mortgage company had supplied him. Asked if he could take pictures on his phone of the plans we had brought along, asked bugger all questions other than is the kitchen and bathrooms going to be " high end". Also seemed to think that icf (isotex) is fairly new build type, seemed aggrieved when I suggested new to himself but been around since the 1940s. 

Great job he did I reckon, shame that we have paid his bill via the charge by the mortgaeg company as if I had hired him I would have told him to FRO.

Without making excuses for your surveyor He’s probably getting a fraction of the fee you paid 

It’s more likely that the Bopas is Somthing that your lenders are keen to push 

To keen in your case 

A simple phone call may sort this out 

On 27/04/2019 at 09:13, nod said:

Without making excuses for your surveyor He’s probably getting a fraction of the fee you paid 

It’s more likely that the Bopas is Something that your lenders are keen to push 

To keen in your case 

A simple phone call may sort this out 

Hopefully this is the case, the lenders advised they put the condition in because the surveyor had recommended it. Having looked into it more it appears ICF wont't be bopas approved as it has too many variables ie who pours the concrete and so on, plus inspection can be in minute detail including factory visits and also the polystyrene (or similar) as known properties along with various other details too many to mention but does mean they wont Bopas icf.

Phone hasn't resolved this yet but hopefully will given a bit more info passed between people. Thought a phone call to surveyor to ask for him to list his experience with icf in writing might be a good idea ?

• 3 months later...