Cavity Batts

nod

We need around 200 mtrs of cavity insulation

Also a pile of low density polystyrene

Ive looked online but there doesn't seem much between the ones that ive seen  

Any saving would be a bonus

I find you get much further by phoning than you do with online prices. Lump everything together to make it as big an order as possible, and phone around asking for the lowest price. If you phone for a price check you might get quoted a lower price than if you say you are actually buying.

Of course delivery can be a big issue with bulky things like insulation.

No connection other than being a customer, but I got most of my insulation from secondsandco, who deal with surplus, rejected, or otherwise discounted insulation. I haven't seen much in the way of EPS on there though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crofter said:

I find you get much further by phoning than you do with online prices. Lump everything together to make it as big an order as possible, and phone around asking for the lowest price. If you phone for a price check you might get quoted a lower price than if you say you are actually buying.

Of course delivery can be a big issue with bulky things like insulation.

No connection other than being a customer, but I got most of my insulation from secondsandco, who deal with surplus, rejected, or otherwise discounted insulation. I haven't seen much in the way of EPS on there though.

Thanks That's a great help

I will give them a try

As I will be in this situation shortly ( I hope) can you let everyone know who gave you the best price, it may be someone we didn't hear of. Also if anyone has got a good price post it here and let us know.

21 minutes ago, nod said:

Thanks That's a great help

I will give them a try

Bad news is that they don't do 70 low density polystyrene

Good new is there quote for 150sq mtrs of 50 mil is £909 including vat and delivered

700 better that what ive found online

Great tip Keep em coming

Gary

Eccleston Hall manufacture EPS in both white and grey. Was cheapest for me but when I factored in transport it became marginal. 

Local BM price for white is same as theirs for grey - when you get to 300mm of depth though it's .01 on the uValue so not worth it for me