Cladding again...

canalsiderenovation

Cladding mission continues for the underneath of the porch and balcony continues.

Has anyone heard of Rockpanel woods? We have Trepsa and Rockpanel samples we are quite taken with either, though I'm still clarifying guarantee and warranty for both.

To show how it will look all together we will have a render on the lower half (example from K-rend but considering others), Anthracite RAL7016 windows on the lower half and Anthracite corrugated profile cladding on the upper half as the windows on the upper half are all skylights....

The Trepsa is the top one Rockpanel bottom one.

IMG_20190131_140631.jpg

IMG_20190131_140648.jpg

IMG_20190131_140652.jpg

IMG_20190131_140705.jpg

When I get samples I like to try to scratch them, smack them with a hammer and try snapping / bending and burning with a lighter. It doesn't indicate the effects of the weather, but it can give an indication of robustness. The corrugated stuff looks quite shiny. Will it dull down?

5 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

When I get samples I like to try to scratch them, smack them with a hammer and try snapping / bending and burning with a lighter. It doesn't indicate the effects of the weather, but it can give an indication of robustness. The corrugated stuff looks quite shiny. Will it dull down?

The corrugated stuff isn't shiny, it's my camera flash on the phone, Its matt not glossy and plastisol pvc coated from https://www.excelclad.co.uk/excelclad-corrugated-143-169-p.asp

You're as bad as me with samples, it's been in the snow this week, left outside in ice too.

4 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

What sort of price have you been given for the trespa, I thought the bloke was joking when he told me. 

If I've got it right the Trepsa was around £80m2 (that's the top one in the pic and the oak effect) the wood on the bottom is the Rockpanel in beech and that was £65 m2. This is just prices from the two companies which sent samples, as we need to come up with some material ideas to submit with planning.

I'm just trying to get firm information on warranty/guarantee for both to do a better comparison....

11 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

If I've got it right the Trepsa was around £80m2 (that's the top one in the pic and the oak effect) the wood on the bottom is the Rockpanel in beech and that was £65 m2. This is just prices from the two companies which sent samples, as we need to come up with some material ideas to submit with planning.

I'm just trying to get firm information on warranty/guarantee for both to do a better comparison....

getting silly when the price for cladding is as expensive as ICF wall system per sqm

We were looking at Accoya which was far more expensive! On the plus the plastisol corrugated sheeting is quite reasonable and this is just for under the balcony and porch thank god, I couldn't do a whole house in it at those prices....

That said we still have the render on the lower half which isn't exactly cheap either, but we will look at alternatives to K-rend etc.