Sink quality

I'm currenty looking at stainless steel inset sinks, which seem to vary enormously in price.  For a bog standard, 1.5 bowl sink with drainer, they can cost anything from about £60 to £600. Is the variation in quality as wide as that in the price?  Incidentally, I noticed an offer in Wickes this evening for a Franke inset sink (single bowl) with mixer tap for £119.

Here is what to look for when buying a stainless sink. You will find that most of the cheap sinks are magnetic which means poor quality stainless.The mirror finishes should be avoided as they scratch easily. The better quality sinks only have one tap hole and need to be ordered either LH or RH drainer.

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/ideas/5-tips-shopping-stainless-steel-sink

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mvincentd said:

...if anyone stumbles across an affordable 2 bowl undermount s/s sink (or 2 x singles) i'd love to know....they mostly seem to be 3 times the price of insets!

https://www.diy-kitchens.com/products/appliances/all-sinks/lago-2-double-bowl-undermount-sink/in-lag340_340/wp2087324/#.XFBLidugKUk at £140 plus VAT.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vivienz said:

I noticed an offer in Wickes this evening for a Franke inset sink (single bowl) with mixer tap for £119.

It's made from tinfoil and toffee wrappers.. avoid !

1 hour ago, mvincentd said:

...if anyone stumbles across an affordable 2 bowl undermount s/s sink (or 2 x singles) i'd love to know....they mostly seem to be 3 times the price of insets!

Fitted one of these  and it is very impressive in terms of thickness and finish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

It's made from tinfoil and toffee wrappers.. avoid !

Fitted one of these  and it is very impressive in terms of thickness and finish.

Haha!  The toffee wrappers would be mine!  All sorted now, thanks.  I have to say, though, it's difficult to tell which is a decent sink as you get very little (no) tech info on the thickness of the metal, in general.