WC issues

Yzzy

OK so we plumbed in the new loo downstairs and it works, no leaks etc...

BUT....

When we flush it, every now and then it will almost fill the bowl to the top and then take it's time to empty. 

Sometimes when it empties it goes too far and almost all the water leaves... sometimes making a glop glop glop noise as it saunters off.

I think it is the old stink pipe blocked, my builder thinks it's an excavation job to find a block under ground but I've plunged the life out of it and no detritus ever comes up just clean water so I'm still thinking it's the stink pipe... which we haven't renewed yet. 

Need to add, the reason I think it's the stink pipe blocked is the glop glop noise reminds me of when you pour liquid from a carton / bottle and don't leave an air gap the liquid glop glops in the bottle trying to find a clear path out... ?? 

Edited by Yzzy

Yes I would say blocked stink pipe. Which would be unusual as in most cases the stink pipe also serves the upstairs bathroom(s)  The fact you have not mentioned those suggests this is just a stink pipe.

If you are going to replace it anyway, cut it off a metre or so above ground and rod down the pipe with drain rods to try and clear the blockage, but if it has collapsed underground then it will be start digging.

• Like 1