Sliding External Shutters: anyone ?

We'd love to install some external shutters on our South facing windows. Bit like these.

Common in Germany -suppose that's why I like them - anyone installed something similar, or had external shutters installed?

The end in mind is to reduce solar gain on on two 1800 wide South facing windows: one in the kitchen and the other in a bedroom. The kitchen shutters will be operated from outside, the bedroom from inside.

Thanks

Ian

Did something on a much larger scale which was a sliding outer door (3 meters x 2.5 meters) which acted as additional security and protection. We used a large Henderson track due to the weight. I've used Henderson products for various sliding walls and doors inside and outside on lots of commercial and residential projects. They do a shutter track which I haven't used but looks exactly the same as their other tracks which I've no problem recommending. Then just get a joiner to make the shutters to suit.

https://www.pchenderson.com/product/shutter-slide-coming-soon/

Edited by Dudda

Thanks everyone.

@Dudda, that's exactly what I want to do: install the track and then make the shutters.

And, if price is to be believed, I'll just be installing some stainless steel rods (resined in) in the concrete ready to carry the two tracks. M20, I suppose.

Next, I'll need to beg borrow and steal  enough money to build the shutters and install the tracks.

I'm going to fantasise about this as a job for when the house is built.....or until SWMBO complains about too much insolation. Whichever comes first.