Will 50m of 25mm MDPE blue water pipe fit in a mid size transit van?

4 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

Not sure if this helps with perspective but the picture shows a coil of 32mm MDPE x 50m on top of a pallet of other bits.

Where are the puddles or do you benefit from a micro climate in your part of Lincolnshire? ?

Edited by epsilonGreedy

54 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Where are the puddles or do you benefit from a micro climate in your part of Lincolnshire? ?

That picture was taken about three weeks ago - I daresay the puddles are there now!  I'm back on site in a week or so, hopefully it's not too water logged.

57 minutes ago, Temp said:

Will you loose much pressure down 50m of 25mm?

Thanks for the warning but I reckon I am ok.

The water pressure here is so high that yesterday I was able to jet clean some old paving slabs at mains pressure using just a multi spray pattern garden hose head on the single jet setting.

The final underground mains water route is just 4 meters from plot boundary water meter to kitchen entry point.

I need 20m to get from the builders supply stand pipe to static caravan, another 5m to bring mains water from utility room to he remote garage and then at an intermediate build stage I will need a 10m spur from the static caravan supply to the garage before the main house build commences.

Follow up.

I measured the deliver coil, it was far more compact than I expected 90cm x 25cm.

Previously I have seen blue water pipe enroute to a job on the back of a flatbed truck in a loose coil. presumably a building team prefers a loose coil because it is simpler to handle and lay.

Edited by epsilonGreedy

As a tip that may or may not be useful, a 22mm pipe bending spring fits neatly inside 25mm MDPE.  Dropping one down (tied to a bit of string) to where you want a sharper bend, then heating the pipe evenly and gently with a hot air gun, then persuading it into a tight bend, works very well.  You just have to hold the bend whilst the pipe cools down, when it will retain the set bend near-perfectly.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Given it’s having potable water through it, I prefer it to be coiled and the ends sealed up to stop crud and nasties getting into it ..!!

My Pipestock delivered coil arrived with one stop in the end, I assume the other fell out.