Westminster Council to ban new homes over 150 sqm

This is ... interesting and, unusually for the Guardian, appears to be reasonably accurate on the subject of housing. There are loopholes which are not mentioned, and the "supersized" is a bit tabloid ? .

Westminster city council is to ban new supersize properties built for oligarchs and other members of the global elite in order to free up space for more affordable homes.

The council, which includes the areas of Mayfair, Knightsbridge and Belgravia, said it would restrict new homes larger than 150 sq metres (1,615 sq ft) because “Westminster’s position in the global housing market can create demand for supersize properties which underoptimise development of Westminster’s scarce land resource”.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/13/westminster-council-to-ban-super-size-new-homes

Edited by Ferdinand

6 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

This is ... interesting and, unusually for the Guardian, appears to be reasonably accurate on the subject of housing. There are loopholes which are not mentioned, and the "supersized" is a bit tabloid ? .

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/13/westminster-council-to-ban-super-size-new-homes

I don’t think they will be the last 

An electrician friend of mine is working on nine apartments in Harrogate (The London Of north)

1.1 million each All sold off plan 

8 hours ago, nod said:

I don’t think they will be the last 

An electrician friend of mine is working on nine apartments in Harrogate (The London Of north)

1.1 million each All sold off plan 

My slightly bluff parlance for Harrogate, York and such places is "a bit of the South, Up North". Totally unjustified, I am sure :ph34r:.

We really need to get all those hips of marble off our shoulders.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

We don't want any London 'up north' - Harrogate is far more refined -:ph34r: The only real similarity I can see is that there are tremendous traffic problems in the area especially during the Yorkshire Show or any half popular event at the Harrogate Convention Centre.  The roads routes in and out of Harrogate are not fit for purpose