plotting house builds for new year + brief history of other projects

scottishjohn

Hi,

i,m a 67 year old finally getting round to building my own house and along with brother  and one for him as well

2  x 1 acre plots bought in s/w scotland overlooking the river cree estuary on the solway with outline planning already --now the problems start .LOL

now its trying to sort out the best way to proceed --been hunting internet for a few months now already 

so expect lots of questions 

been in the motor trade for 40 years , so plenty of hands on engineering experience , in performance tuning conversions  and racing , last thing we built was our garage about 30 years ago 30m x 24m portal frame unit and then total rebuild on a petrol station .but never  a house ,so far

OH and built a couple of PFA aircraft as well, a kit fox and a europa ,fingers getting itchy for a different challenge

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scottishjohn said:

Hi,

i,m a 67 year old finally getting round to building my own house and along with brother  and one for him as well

2  x 1 acre plots bought in s/w scotland overlooking the river cree estuary on the solway with outline planning already

[...]

What a beautiful place to build. Had a short holiday in Drumore recently.

Welcome 

(With a bit of luck I'll be finished when I'm 67 ? )