East Sussex extension

Ashdown

I am reliably informed by my son that the drone is a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus...  (He made the video)

Apparently the average age for a self builder in the UK is around 51 and we are no exception - a classic case of living here for over 20 years and only now do we have what it takes to sort the house out, just in time to see the kids leave home but before they do they are helping us with the project.  Unlike my wise sister who is downsizing we are doing the opposite and the kids worked hard all summer and once finished on the site for the day went on to bake the team cakes etc. Now with the wet weather and university terms started things are a bit different but we are nearing wall plate level so hope to have another video soon.   Even though the family has moved onto a different stage from playing with the zip wire and other things we made in the garden, this house has a lot of life left in it for us as. ... I take that back apparently we need to put the zip wire back so nothing has changed really. And oh yes - it looks like none of them want to go now so we are landed with them for a while yet - better build a bigger house then!

The aluminium truss is typical of the stage lighting industry and we just used a piece for marking out levels for the steelwork etc of which there is plenty.  It was only there for a couple of days and held up by Boss tower outriggers. So not very exciting I'm afraid!

• Like 1