Multi Sensor Wireless Alarm

OK, these driveway alarms are great for the price. battery powered both ends and they do the range stated. A bit sensitive to large cats, foxes etc but they certainly work. You can limit the PIR detector's sensitivity by taping across the sensing window and narrowing the aperture.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-Driveway-Garage-PIR-Motion-Sensor-Alert-Alarm-Security-Intruder-System-/231321524004?hash=item35dbd65724:g:PkoAAOSwVFlUA2v3

But.....say you have a number of outbuildings. You can buy these units with say 5 transmitters and one receiver. It's the middle of the night and one goes off. Because the receiver makes the same chime irrespective of what sensor is activated you don't know if it's the gate/shed/garage that's been triggered.

What would be good is say 8 transmitters with an 8-channel receiver. The receiver's output would ideally be to record your own message on an EEPROM. Sensor 1 goes off, triggers Channel 1 on the receiver and you get "Shed alarm activated!". Sensor 2......"Garage alarm activated".

Moving on it it would trigger CCTV local to the sensor that you could view on say a tablet left by the bed.

Hope that makes sense!

Does anything like this exist?

The only option I know of off the top of my head is the Comfort alarm system: http://www.cytech.biz

It is capable of achieving all of what you want and a lot, lot more. 

We had the system installed in our first barn conversion, it worked incredibly well but is far from cheap. 

We we had ours set to do a number of clever functions and it was fully integrated with our cbus lighting system. It was also linked to smoke/heat detectors so as just one example; if a smoke alarm was triggered it would turn on all the lights, audibly tell you which one he been triggered and phone my mobile with a pre-determined message. 

Probably the the most useful function was that if someone pressed the door intercom and no one was home it paged the person through to my mobile. Very useful for when the ParcelFarce man came calling!

Anyway I digress from your question. Interesting reading but probably massive overkill for what you need! 

We have an old system by Voltek that is both PIR and cctv. 

http://www.voltek.co.uk/Spectrum Cameras.asp

its not battery or wireless(they may do this)

it triggers on pir activation, chimes, and changes to the activated camera.

Despite now having a new digital hybrid system i still use the feed from the voltek unit 

Each camera can be configured and set to trigger either as a master unit or slave.

I have had the unit 12 years and only had to change the PSU

i have fiddled with the cameras as the unit inside the case is a small CCTV board cam and i swapped them out for some cheap chinese 700tvl units from ebay which has vastly improved night vision

Often see old units on ebay 

I have ordered a load of the Honeywell Series 9 Door Bell kit for our house, two PIR sensors for the drive, a door sensor for the front door and two door bells, not sure if you can have different melodies for different functions but it looks well made. I am hoping it will all be waiting for me to install when I get back from holiday so will update then.

Thinking something like this.....but opposite. Instead I want 8 separate transmitters and 1 receiver with 8 relay outputs that operate according to which transmitter is operated. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASK-OOK-8-Channel-RF-Wireless-Remote-Switch-Control-1-Remote-Multi-Receiver-/281147509308?hash=item4175b28a3c:g:dAMAAOSwsTxXier5

• 9 months later...
On 30/07/2016 at 09:44, Mikey_1980 said:

I have ordered a load of the Honeywell Series 9 Door Bell kit for our house, two PIR sensors for the drive, a door sensor for the front door and two door bells, not sure if you can have different melodies for different functions but it looks well made. I am hoping it will all be waiting for me to install when I get back from holiday so will update then.

Having moved into our temporary cabin in preparation for demolition, the  sad thing is we can no longer hear the birds tweeting, the sheep, rural life, or people and cars coming up the drive. So what's im looking at technology to help. Having done a quick search I came across this thread and wondered how @Mikey_1980 had gone on with his new system.

@TriassicIts working really well for us, I know whenever someone or something big is in drive, or approaching from the field, and each sensor or door bell can be set with a different tone so you know exactly where something is. And we don't have any issues with range with our set up, the further sensor is 40 metres away.