Any use of Warmerwall / Polysteel

Hi again, narrowing down (well I thought I was)  choice of ICFs and came across WarmerWall - no mention that I can find on here so far. Interested to hear feedback from anyone considered them and used or discounted them for any reason? 

A difference to most others that I've looked at is the use of steel connectors between the EPS with steel supports for fixings. Company seems v helpful and responsive.

Also interested now in the Velox discussion.........

We are building with icf, my choice of product was based on how it went together, I looked at the product not the sales team, if you are getting a builder to put this up I would ask what products they are happy with,

can you imagine getting half way up and your builder walking off site, it happens. 

If they find your job a ball ache and there are other things they can do they will lose interest. 

I found i liked at least three different makes, so I then thought of points I didn’t like and saw who had the biggest list of dislikes. 

Well I came across this (from a company that seems to sell EPS and not XPS!):

https://www.plymouthfoam.com/eps-vs-xps-you-be-the-judge/

And also this which seems more balanced with a long term trial of EPS/XPS 

https://www.concreteconstruction.net/how-to/materials/comparing-eps-and-xps-insulation_o

I'm happy with either but would probably go with EPS if all else was equal due to cost and expected longer term performance benefit in damp conditions.

My question re Warmerwall was more to do with the fitting mechanisms and the use of steel bracing - still looking at build companies so will of course take their views on this based on practical experience. It's great that there is so much choice but sometimes in life less choice is helpful!

• Like 1