Smart Heating Controls eg Honeywell Evohome

s2sap

I hope I can explain what I am looking for. We have an existing OFCH system which has 3 zones:-  Downstairs (17 radiators)  Upstairs (6 radiators) and Hot Water. All rads have traditional TRVs fitted.

I want to be able to control individual room temperatures independently and remotely with a phone app. The Honeywell Evohome system looks like a good but expensive option. Expensive because of the number of radiators we have and that system requires one wifi TRV on each radiator which is driving cost up as each TRV can be around £50. As that system requires a TRV on each rad I thought that a wifi wall stat that controlled all rads in that room with wifi auto shut off valves would be a more cost effective sytem as some of our rooms have 4 rads in them.

Anyone know of such a system or recommend something that might work

What you are speaking about is do able but you may/probably have a lot of work with getting the plumbing sorted out for motorised valves in the rite places to only take control of that radiator.  

I have also seen trv's been replaced with hard wired actuators with the cables running down behind the pipes and wired up like a UFH set up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

I have also seen trv's been replaced with hard wired actuators with the cables running down behind the pipes and wired up like a UFH set up. 

That sounds like a good idea, as it lends itself to a wide range of simple control methods. 

The thread on most UFH actuators is the same as a TRV - £9 gets you an actuator, you only need the stats and some 1mm T&E and you’re in business although unless you’re doing a lot of rewriring you will be making a lot of holes in walls ...