MBC, who are they?

On the MBC site it says they've been around since 2002. That's weird as I've only come across them since joining this site though the name rings a bell from before. Are they a spin off from Viking House or some such (vague recollection of a dispute of some sort)?

The reason for asking is that I'm pretty sure that getting something of the sort put up for me would have been a better plan than my current attempt. I did have a discussion in 2012 with Viking House but it didn't seem geographically practical at the time. With this year's weather wondering if that's still not a better plan.

[Edit to add: my questions above are based on what seems to be a very misleading impression I got from conversations on another forum. Don't read anything into them.]

Edited by Ed Davies

1 hour ago, Ed Davies said:

On the MBC site it says they've been around since 2002. That's weird as I've only come across them since joining this site though the name rings a bell from before. Are they a spin off from Viking House or some such (vague recollection of a dispute of some sort)?

The reason for asking is that I'm pretty sure that getting something of the sort put up for me would have been a better plan than my current attempt. I did have a discussion in 2012 with Viking House (Seamus O'Loughlin) but it didn't seem geographically practical at the time. With this year's weather wondering if that's still not a better plan.

I'll PM you with the whole story, as some of it is a bit sensitive as far as this forum (and the demise of it's predecessor, ebuild) are concerned.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 12/10/2018 at 17:58, JSHarris said:

I'll PM you with the whole story, as some of it is a bit sensitive as far as this forum (and the demise of it's predecessor, ebuild) are concerned.

Would you mind to PM the story to me as well, please.

Edited by Patrick