Finally got my certificate..

Bitpipe

..after moving end of August 2016 !

Our independent inspector has been very patient but we were just about at the end of a 3 month final notification period so were still under pressure to get the remaining items sorted, mostly glass balustrade around the external entrance to the basement.

Can now start the VAT reclaim, also able to get the warranty issues (looks like Elite will honour our policy even though the underwriter has gone into administration) and our buildings insurance is now valid :)

Still some work to do on landscaping but don't foresee much more spending on materials.

Nice milestone, and as ever, would not have achieved it without the support of eBuild / Build Hub.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff. Clock is ticking for the VAT reclaim so get cracking with the reclaim paperwork in case you need to go back to suppliers and ask for a new invoice for whatever reason. Plus you should be good to get the final landscaping work completed as zero rated for labour still. 

1 hour ago, newhome said:

Great stuff. Clock is ticking for the VAT reclaim so get cracking with the reclaim paperwork in case you need to go back to suppliers and ask for a new invoice for whatever reason. Plus you should be good to get the final landscaping work completed as zero rated for labour still. 

Yes, will be opening the shoe box this weekend and cracking on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weebles said:

Well done. Assume you managed to refinance without problem without a completion certificate? Any issues to note as one day we hope to get one of those certificates too?

The surveyor who did the valuation just asked if we had a warranty. I said yes but he never asked for details. Didn't even mention completion.

I was upfront with the broker and he was pretty chilled out also.

Obviously dependent on the diligence of the surveyor!