Progress

janedevon

So timber frame guys left 10 days ago and we are making the most of the unusual Devon warmth, well on the way with roof and block good to see it coming on so well especially walking around site on a beautiful evening like today.

still lots to think about got a guy coming to discuss comcrete floor options tomorrow and external walls are being insulated on Wednesday then plumbing first fix and a hundred things we havent thought of yet im sure!!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Those hundred things you haven't thought of yet can wait a bit. While you take pleasure in what you've achieved. Well done.

Me?

I'm off to get the washing out, the salad picked, the dogs de-fleaed, Sid wormed, the gates taken off, the TAF ready for another night of newts, the door lintel pinned so the next postie doesn't lose his toes, the HERAS up and secured, the soup ready for when @MrsRA gets back (her pipe and slippers by the fireside, the Guardian ironed and laid out where she likes it, the gin on ice and a few cheques for her to sign :$).

And there's you basking in Devon sunshine. Lovely.

• Like 1

Glad your getting on so well, with this fine weather I am even more frustrated at lack of progress and hoping to start digging founds soon, just praying for an Indian summer ( warm and dry till Christmas ?)

You have all the major work beat now so line up the next trades and knock the jobs of one by one. Take your time with each trade explaining how important it is you don't want 100mm holes in the walls before they start. Holes in walls are the last resort not first.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...