Xtrafloor® Flex Pro under LVT - any good?

readiescards

Rather than a liquid screen final layer before the LVT tiles the fitters want to put down Xtrafloor® Flex Pro ( see https://www.xtrafloor.com/products/underlays/xtrafloortm-flex-pro )  which is like a floating mat with a sticky topside that the LVT goes straight onto. So much quicker installation time.

Anyone know of this product as it is new to me so trying to understand its pros/cons

Thanks Paul

• 2 months later...
On 14/08/2018 at 22:12, Nickfromwales said:

372891775_ScreenShot2018-08-14at22_08_59.thumb.png.db8c7f1e92d710c6021ba0fd11f1e3fd.png

Another good reason to ditch it. With the thinner liquid screed I think you'll be over the safe threshold for the floor temps. ;)

Considering Xtrafloor flex pro again, can you explain the above in layman terms please?  Surely my floor temp will never be 27Deg - will be uncomfortably hot to walk on!

7 minutes ago, readiescards said:

Considering Xtrafloor flex pro again, can you explain the above in layman terms please?  Surely my floor temp will never be 27Deg - will be uncomfortably hot to walk on!

Most thinner screeds I’ve been around have a quite high flow temp to heat the spaces at the worse part of the year. Admittedly they’ve not been passive standard, some nowhere near, but have had flow temps as high as 35oC. It doesn’t actually get that hot at the ‘surface’ but I’d certainly run the system first and see where you are before choosing. 

As it’s the manufacturer that will provide the warranty, ultimately it doesn’t matter what I say so if it were me I’d ascertain the average flow temp ( if the systems working ) and simply run it by their tech guys. For passive it’s a no brainer, but other instances would be for from a quick sense-check imo. ;)